My Shania Twain Songbook” Jazz Album Celebrates 25th Anniversary Of The Woman In Me
Staci Griesbach Celebrates Country Music Icon Shania Twain with New Jazz Tribute Coming Dec. 18th, 2020
Los Angeles, Calif. (December 4, 2020) – Known the world over for crossing genres between country music and pop, Shania Twain’s catalog is now being introduced to a jazz audience as Los Angeles-based singer Staci Griesbach interprets songs from Twain’s breakout album The Woman In Me. Celebrating the album’s 25th anniversary, Griesbach’s “My Shania Twain Songbook” album reimagines a selection of songs from Twain’s iconic album including the #1 hit and fan-favorite
Any Man of Mine.
“When Shania released The Woman in Me in 1995, I was a junior in high school in rural Wisconsin, and that album very much represented a coming of age for me. Shania demonstrated confidence in being a woman and really owning who she was as an artist,” Griesbach said. “Most importantly, she didn’t shy away from her desire of pursuing her dream, and that was inspiring to me then and perhaps even moreso now.”
“My Shania Twain Songbook” features collaborations with top jazz composers and arrangers as well as top musicians including Tamir Hendelman (Barbra Streisand, Clayton-Hamilton Orchestra), Michael O. Mitchell (Leslie Odom Jr.), Grammy winner Otmaro Ruiz (Diane Reeves), Rahsaan Barber (Kelly Clarkson) and Stuart Duncan (Diana Krall, Goat Rodeo).
“It was refreshing to collaborate with Staci and reimagine Shania Twain’s repertoire. Staci taps into Shania’s heartfelt songwriting and carefree spirit, trusting her instincts in performances that invite the listener to hear Shania Twain’s music in a new light,” said Tamir Hendelman (Barbra Streisand, Clayton-Hamilton Orchestra), who arranged four of the songs on the album.
This marks the second album for Griesbach after her 2019 release of “My Patsy Cline Songbook.” Garnering attention from both the country music and jazz audiences, Griesbach hopes to reinforce potential in the intersection of the two genres.
“Shania crossed genres arguably better than any other female in country music at that time, and it’s part of my exploration to bring her music into the jazz world,” Griesbach added. “For me, looking at this album twenty-five years later is like going home and reconnecting to a little part of myself all over again.”
“My Shania Twain Songbook” Track Listing:
- No One Needs To Know
- The Woman in Me (Needs the Man in You)
- Whose Bed Have Your Boots Been Under
- Leavin’ Is The Only Way Out
- Is There Life After Love
- God Bless The Child
- Any Man of Mine
“My Shania Twain Songbook” features the following:
- Tamir Hendelman on piano and arranging (Barbra Streisand, Clayton-Hamilton Orchestra)
- Chuck Berghoffer on upright bass (Frank Sinatra, Nancy Sinatra, Mel Torme)
- Jake Reed on drums (Seth MacFarlane, Bill Cunliffe, Johnny Mandel)
- Otmaro Ruiz on piano and arranging (Dianne Reeves, Dori Caymmi, Arturo Sandoval)
- Michael O. Mitchell on piano and arranging (Leslie Odom Jr., Musical Director for “Amateur Night at the Apollo,” Tony Bennett, Motown the Musical (assoc. conductor)
- Rahsaan Barber on tenor saxophone and arranging (Kelly Clarkson, Lauren Daigle)
- Willie Murrillo on trumpet and horn arranging (Michael Buble, Steve Wonder, Josh Groban)
- Andrew Synowiec on guitar (Michael Buble, Bette Midler, Brett Eldridge)
- Stuart Duncan on fiddle (“The Goat Rodeo Sessions” with Yo Yo Ma, Chris Thile, and Edgar Meyer, as well as Alan Jackson, Barbra Streisand, Diana Krall, Bela Fleck)
- Kevin Axt on bass (Natalie Cole, Shelby Lynn)
- Kirsten Edkins on clarinet (John Beasley’s Monkestra, Johnny Mandel, Seth MacFarlane)
- Erik Hughes on trombone (Michael Buble, Bob Mintzer)
- Justin Claveria on baritone, tenor saxophone (Kenny Loggins, David Foster)
“My Shania Twain Songbook” is produced by Staci Griesbach. Recorded and engineered by Talley Sherwood and Harriet Tam (Tritone Recording) in Los Angeles, vocals recorded by Harriet Tam. Mixed by Steve Genewick. Mixed at the Stewart House. Mastered by Eric Boulanger at The Bakery in Los Angeles, CA.
For more, visit www.StaciGriesbach.com or follow on social media: Facebook: @StaciGriesbachMusic / Instagram: @StaciGriesbach / Twitter: @StaciGriesbach / Spotify: @StaciGriesbach